The attorneys of our International Practice Group have world-class experience in handling international business issues and counseling clients from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups and sole proprietors looking to do business beyond the United States. We assist clients by proactively identifying and mitigating the risks associated with conducting business internationally.
Our proficiency in international law is strengthened by the skill and expertise of our Litigation, Corporate, Regulatory, Intellectual Property and Immigration Practice Groups.
Our team has broad experience in counseling and advising clients on issues related to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and programs administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). Our experience covers all stages of workplace investigations, third-party investigations, government investigations, and criminal prosecutions.
Through our collaborative approach between groups, we provide comprehensive legal service to our clients in a variety of matters, including:
- Cross-border agreements and transactions
- International licensing agreements
- Structuring of international business divisions and subsidiaries
- U.S. export compliance
- Supply chain management and oversight
- Data security
- Data privacy
- Third-party vetting
We counsel clients in all aspects of creating and implementing compliance programs, including:
- Conducting corporate risk assessments
- Educating corporate executives
- Developing corporate governance policies
- Implementing compliance procedures and internal controls
- Developing training programs and training employees
- Vetting third parties
- Reviewing contracts and negotiating reps and warranties
- Auditing existing programs