The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak represents one of the most significant global public health crises of the century. The disruption the virus has unleashed is affecting all aspects of our business and personal lives and is generating, sometimes unprecedented, legal issues that require both immediate and thorough assessment.
As we closely monitor developments around the world and in the United States, our team is anticipating the implications to you and your business. With experienced lawyers in all of our practice areas, we are positioned to provide the insights and answers you need to navigate the challenge of COVID-19.
We are compiling and updating perspectives on the legal issues surrounding COVID-19 and providing links to additional resources that may be helpful to you as developments unfold.
The Firm remains fully operational and available to serve you. Our team is working remotely and is equipped with the tools and technology to serve your needs. Please find an overview of our Business Continuity Plan for COVID-19.
INFORMATION ABOUT PENNSYLVANIA COURT OPERATIONS:
For information about statewide court operations and proceedings in response to COVID-19, please see the official list of all orders on the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania website.
For information about court operations in Southwestern Pennsylvania see Courts in Southwestern Pennsylvania, and Beyond, Institute Emergency Orders and Procedures in Response to COVID-19
INSIGHTS FROM OUR TEAM:
LABOR & EMPLOYMENT
- Part 2: Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- DOL Mandatory Poster for Employers With Fewer Than 500 Employees
- What Employers Need to Know About Temperature Tests
- Employer Guidance: Emergency “Families First Coronavirus Response Act”
- COVID-19 Issues and Business Interruption for Employers
- Governmental Agencies and Coronavirus – What We Know and What We Don’t Know
- The Pittsburgh Paid Sick Days Act – Just in Time for Coronavirus
- City of Pittsburgh Paid Sick Days Act Takes Effect March 15, 2020
BUSINESS & FINANCE
- CARES Act: The Paycheck Protection Program (Updated 4/6)
- Businesses are Urged to Apply for SBA “Economic Injury Disaster Loans” Now
TRANSPORTATION & SUPPLY CHAIN
CONTRACTS, REAL ESTATE, CONSTRUCTION
- Force Majeure National Emergencies Require Decisive Reaction
- Information for Landlords and Tenants Regarding Coronavirus
- Contractors and Coronavirus: Refunds of Down Payments
ESTATE PLANNING/ADMINISTRATION & FAMILY LAW
- Not All Tax Deadlines are Extended – Which Tax Deadlines Affect You?
- Department of Revenue, Inheritance Tax Division: Procedures in Response to COVID-19
- Family Law Amid Coronavirus – Resolving Conflict When Courts Are Closed
PA BUSINESS & COURT CLOSURES
- Courts in Southwestern Pennsylvania, and Beyond, Institute Emergency Orders and Procedures in Response to COVID-19
- Update: Governor Wolf Delays Enforcement of PA Business Closure Order
- Governor Wolf Enforces Closure of Non-Life-Sustaining Businesses
- What Is Considered an Essential Business Under COVID-19?