Charles Hadad, Chair of the Estates and Trusts Practice Group, will serve on the faculty for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute upcoming CLE course, My Client’s Dead. Now What? The program is designed to address some of the “after death” questions and estate law issues families may bring to their attorneys. It is approved for four (4) hours of CLE credit – 3 substantive and 1 ethics interwoven into the topics.
The course is scheduled to take place on Wednesday, June 10 from noon – 4:15 p.m. at the PBI Professional Development Conference Center in the Heinz 57 Center, 7th floor at 339 6th Avenue, Pittsburgh.
Know What to Do When You Get the Call
The family of your dead client calls to ask you, “What do we do now?” In this practical seminar, our experienced faculty will go beyond estate administration basics and deal with other “death questions” that often arise. They will take a look at common issues that arise for a decedent’s family, and they’ll offer practical solutions for resolving those issues and identifying resources for finding answers.
Delve Into the Following Topics:
- Getting started with your client
- Dealing with probate assets
- Setting up bank accounts
- Handling non-probate assets
- Funeral and burial issues
- Getting rid of stuff – real and personal property
- Settling with creditors – getting the bills paid
- Wrapping up the estate – family settlements
Get Pratical Tips For:
- Identifying and dealing with an executor
- Negotiating your fee
- Setting reasonable expectations for the family
Explore These Questions:
- What do you do with disagreeing family members?
- What are some of the basic laws people need to know about funeral homes/cremation/cemeteries?
- What benefits (Social Security, Medicare, life insurance, pension, etc.) need to be dealt with and what ongoing benefits might a surviving spouse be entitled to?
- How do you locate all of the assets/heirs of the deceased and how do you dispose of assets?
Our panelists will include those who have knowledge about related areas such as funeral laws and current practices; Social Security benefits; sale of estate property, and more. Join us for this enlightening and practical program!
Pittsburgh Estate Planning Attorneys
Chuck Hadad leads the Estates and Trusts team at The Lynch Law Group. For more information on this seminar or estate planning matters, contact Chuck at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724- 776-8000.