Jacquelyn Core is a Partner at The Lynch Law Group and Co-Chair of the Firm’s Corporate Practice Group. Jacquelyn focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions, specializing in bringing sophisticated buy-side and sell-side transactions and unique deal structures to the low middle market. With extensive contracts experience, she also works as fractional in-house counsel, drafting and reviewing contracts, advising business stakeholders, and assisting clients with labor and employment matters.
Jacquelyn represents clients, ranging from family-owned and middle-market businesses to Fortune 500 companies, in a broad spectrum of matters, including transactional matters, reorganizations, private equity deals, and contractual restructurings and reviews.
Jacquelyn’s experience as a seasoned litigator with substantial, successful, courtroom experience provides an added benefit to her corporate clients in potential corporate litigation, contract disputes, and risk assessments. This experience allows her to craft deals to best protect clients against often unforeseen liabilities and from a risk mitigation perspective.
Jacquelyn has extensive C-suite experience, most recently serving as a CEO. With this experience, she provides a value-added benefit to her clients from the insight she derives from applying a real-world, business operations perspective to practical, strategic legal advice. This strategic approach allows her to keep operational impacts as considerations at the forefront and to advise clients on post-closing integration matters in buy-side transactions. Additionally, on the sell side, she brings a deep understanding of markets to sellers, having completed doctoral-level studies in economic development.
Jacquelyn earned her J.D. from West Virginia University College of Law in 1998. She went on to receive her Ph.D. in Human/Economic Geography from West Virginia University in 2010. She is active in her community and serves on a number of boards and committees including the Advisory Board of Penn State Fayette, The Eberly Campus.
She is the proud mother of two sons who are accomplished distance runners. When not serving her clients or watching her sons run, she can be found fly-fishing or shooting sporting clays, her two outdoor passions.
Recent Articles by Jacquelyn Core
- Supreme Court Declines to Hear Appeal Challenging University Vaccination Requirement
- Non-Control Capital Investment in M&A Transactions
- Drafting a Letter of Intent: Do I Need Counsel?
- Pennsylvania Decennial Reports Are Now Due: Does Your Company Need to File?
- New Financial Reporting Requirements Mean Businesses Must Act to Avoid Fines and Criminal Penalties
- COVID-19 Deal Impacts
- Craft Distillers, Brewers, and Wineries Hoping to Drink in Tax Relief
- 5 Things All Small Businesses Should Know About COVID Relief
- What Happens if I Die Without a Will?
- Non-Traditional Families Should Have an Estate Plan – Here’s Why
Podcasts, Webinars, and Other Resources from Jacquelyn Core
- Pittsburgh Business Insights Podcast – Hosted by Jacquelyn Core
- Planning to Transition Your Family Business Webinar
- Planning to Sell Your Business Webinar
- Five Strategies to Exit Your Small Business
- Steps In Buying and Selling a Business
- How Do I Plan Personally For a Business Transition?
- Top 5 Questions Business Owners Ask When Preparing to Sell a Company