David Weber is a Partner at The Lynch Law Group. He primarily concentrates his practice in the Litigation Group. He is a skilled litigator and trial attorney with experience in all facets of litigation and in various forums, including federal and state trial courts. He has represented clients on both the plaintiff and defense sides.
David concentrates his practice on complex commercial litigation matters, including contract disputes, business divorces, construction claims, securities (consumer and industry disputes), real estate, and employment issues. David additionally has some experience in criminal defense.
David has been recognized for his exceptional service and professional achievement by selection to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars List. No more than 2.5% of lawyers in the state are selected for the honor each year. He has been part of this prestigious list six times. David has been admitted pro hac vice in Florida and Ohio.
Representative Experience – Litigation
- Successful appellate representation as primary counsel in Catanzaro v. Pennell, 2020 PA Super LEXIS 749 (Pa. Super. Ct. Sept. 1, 2020)(affirming grant of preliminary objections in defense of adverse possession and quiet title action);
- Obtained seven-figure settlement on behalf of shareholder/employee in the financial industry;
- Settled alleged multi-million dollar Lanham Act claim/crossclaim case in the Western District of Pennsylvania;
- Settled multiple business divorces involving receivership and personal claims; and,
- Assisted in settling complex litigation in a tire-derived fuel plant with a nine-figure damage claim.
Additional Representative Experience
- On behalf of the franchisor, completed the acquisition of neighboring franchisee and territory;
- Perfected several mechanics’ liens;
- Drafted numerous contracts, including HICPA-compliant construction contracts, covenants not to compete, lease agreements, and COVID waivers;
- Drafted Employment Policies and Procedures; and,
- Assisted clients with Right-to-Know and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
David recently Chaired the Associates’ Committee at The Lynch Law Group, and in 2020, he obtained a certificate from the University of Pennsylvania Wharton Online School for Leadership and Management program.
A 2008 graduate of the University of South Florida, David earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a Bachelor of Arts in International Studies, magna cum laude. He minored in Economics. Following his undergraduate studies, David attended the University Pittsburgh School of Law, earning his Juris Doctor in 2011. David was the recipient of several honors while in law school, including the Faculty Award for Excellence in Legal Scholarship, the CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Law and Economics, and won the overall Appellate Moot Court Competition along with the Best Brief Award.
Outside of work, David enjoys spending time with his wife, two boys, and his pets. He is also active in multiple softball leagues around the Pittsburgh region, including the Catholic Alumni Club of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County Bar Association, and Pittsburgh Sports League. An avid sports fan, he follows Pittsburgh teams and his collegiate sports teams with great zeal (yes, even the Pirates). Lastly, David has won LLG’s award for humor in the workplace several times, most likely because he rigged the voting.
Recent articles by David C. Weber
- Is Tom Brady in Legal Peril Because of FTX?
- Can a Full-Time Employee Work A Second Full-Time Job in Pennsylvania?
- Tire-Chalking and the Fourth Amendment
- Analyzing a Major Change in Pennsylvania Consumer Protection Law
- Taking from the Poor and Giving to the Rich? What is Robinhood’s Exposure in the GameStop Saga?
- Gaming the Market with GameStop: Is This a Pump and Dump?
- Information for Landlords and Tenants Regarding Coronavirus
- Contractors and Coronavirus: Refunds of Down Payments