Daniel P. Lynch, Founder and Managing Partner of The Lynch Law Group, has been a practicing attorney for more than 28 years. His areas of strength and experience include securities litigation, commercial litigation, employment law counseling and litigation, business succession planning, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate transactions. Dan helps individuals and businesses, ranging from small, family-owned, and middle-market companies to large corporations, move forward and achieve their goals by providing innovative, yet practical solutions to the issues they are facing.
Dan is well-known throughout the Pittsburgh business community as a success-driven leader with superior organization and communication skills and an entrepreneurial approach to his practice of law. He has been recognized for his exceptional service and professional achievement by Best Lawyers in America (2021) and Pennsylvania Super Lawyers (2020 and 2021).
Dan began his career with a six-year tenure at Reed Smith after completing a one-year clerkship for the Honorable James H. Brickley, Justice of the Michigan Supreme Court, and a one-year clerkship for the Honorable Carol Los Mansmann of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He served as CEO of a start-up software company and vice president and general counsel of a middle-market logistics company before founding his own law firm in 2002.
In addition to his practice of law, Dan is a frequent speaker on the topic of business development for attorneys and professional service providers. He has presented to several Pittsburgh-area organizations, as well as state and county bar associations most recently including the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Washington County Bar Association, and the Lancaster Bar Association. His book, Building a Million Dollar Book of Business, Principles and Behaviors For a Successful Law Practice, has been endorsed by business leaders throughout the region as a must-read, practical guide for any professional seeking to grow business through developing and nurturing relationships
Dan is actively involved in the business and legal community and has held leadership positions with the Butler County Bar Association (BCBA) and its charitable affiliate, the BCBA Foundation, serving as president of both organizations (2020) and as vice president of the BCBA (2019). He served as a board member of the Pennsylvania Venture Captial Association (2016-2018) and the Fort McIntosh Club (2013-2015), and he currently serves the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania as a member of the Hearing Committee (three-year term 2019-2022) and he is a mentor for the Carnegie Mellon University Swartz Center for Entrepreneurship.
In addition, Dan is chairman of the North Catholic High School Parent Communication Committee. He has volunteered as a coach for the Cranberry Township Athletic Association and for Saint Kilian Parish School in Cranberry Township, where he also served as director of the school’s Education Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) Program.
Dan and his family reside in Fombell, Pennsylvania. He enjoys traveling, competing in triathlons, playing soccer and golf, hiking and other outdoor activities, reading, cooking, and spending time with his wife and four children.
Recent Articles by Dan Lynch
- Relocating to Florida – Part 2
- Relocating to Florida – Part 1
- Employer Guidance: Emergency “Families First Coronavirus Response Act”
- SBA Disaster Loan Available For Small Businesses Amid COVID-19 Crisis
- Data Privacy Issues For Emerging Businesses
- False Advertising Issues For Emerging Businesses
- Copyrights For Start-Ups And Emerging Businesses
- Married Business Owners Have Asset Protection Option Under PA Law
- Trade Secrets For Start-Ups And Emerging Businesses
- Insurance Provisions In Commercial Contracts – Avoid Pitfalls
- Choice of Law and Choice of Venue – Why These Provisions Matter
- Warranty Language – Does It Fit The Situation At Hand?
- The Indemnification Clause – Contract Issues for Small Business Owners
Podcasts, Webinars, and Other Resources from Dan Lynch
- Three Rivers Leadership Radio Show & Podcast, with Guest Dan Lynch
- Pittsburgh Business Insights | Dan Lynch
- Daniel Lynch, Founder and Managing Partner of The Lynch Law Group
- It’s About The Climb – Building Business In Professional Services
- Building a Million Dollar Book of Business (Video)
- Building a Million Dollar Book of Business: Principles and Behaviors for a Successful Law Practice