Charles Hadad is a Partner and Chair of the Estates and Trusts Practice Group. He concentrates his practice in estate administration, probate, estate planning, trust administration, corporate and business planning, and real estate transactions. Chuck counsels individuals and businesses in a variety of complex matters and enjoys working one-on-one with clients to help them reach their goals.
Chuck has broad experience in advising clients in all facets of estate planning and estate administration. He works closely with clients in the preparation of documents that fit their customized needs, including revocable and irrevocable trusts, special needs trusts and charitable gift/trust planning, and in preparing decedent final personal income tax returns, Federal Estate Tax returns, Pennsylvania Inheritance Tax returns, Federal Gift Tax returns and fiduciary income tax returns for estates and trusts.
An experienced litigator for Orphans’ Court matters across Western and Central Pennsylvania, Chuck has served successfully in capacity for The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and represented fiduciaries in surcharge actions, defended will contests, and asserted claims on behalf of beneficiaries and other interested parties for breach of fiduciary duty throughout the course of estate and trust administration.
In the realm of business law, he focuses on helping clients with business formations, drafting and negotiating internal governance documents, and often with the purchase or sale of a family business.
Chuck speaks frequently about estate planning and estate and trust administration to various organizations and presents numerous continuing legal education seminars each year. He is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association and its Probate & Trust Section. He also is a member of the Pittsburgh Estate Planning Council.
Chuck earned his J.D. with honors from The Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan, where he was a finalist for the Distinguished Student Award and received the Certificate of Merit in the Estate Planning course. He has a Bachelor of Arts degree in History and Business Administration from the University of Pittsburgh.
- Successfully argued before the Commonwealth Court and Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.
- Well-versed in tax preparation including REV-1500 Inheritance Tax, Federal Estate Tax, Federal Gift Tax, Fiduciary Income Tax and Deceased, Final Personal Income Tax.
- Served as local, outside counsel for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Public Welfare (third party liability, special needs trust, and estate recovery divisions).
- Served as local, outside counsel for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Revenue, Inheritance Tax Division (Orphans’ Court Citations and Appeals).
Recent Articles by Charles Hadad
- Probate Basics
- Healthcare Power of Attorney MUST Be on Your College Checklist
- How Much Can I Gift? A Guide to Gifting and Taxes
- What Happens To My Digital Assets When I Die?
- June Never Looked So Good for Estate Planning
- Executing Estate Planning Documents During COVID-19
- CARES Act – Waiver of 2020 Required Minimum Distributions
- PA Dept. of Revenue, Inheritance Tax Division: Procedures in Response to COVID-19
- Pennsylvania Inheritance Tax Has Changed For Some Children
- Dynasty Trusts Offer Tax and Nontax Advantages
- 4 Key Benefits of a Revocable Trust
- Building an Estate Planning Team