Michael Oliverio is a Partner and serves as Chair of the Firm’s Litigation and Regulatory Practice Groups. In this role, he provides strategic leadership and direction for the Firm’s robust and growing litigation team, who handle a diverse case load, serving hundreds of clients ranging from multinational corporations to family-owned businesses in Pennsylvania and beyond.
In addition to his responsibilities in managing all activities of the Litigation Group, Mike handles a wide variety of litigation matters, focusing on complex commercial disputes, anti-trust and securities law matters, insurance coverage matters, defamation and commercial disparagement, false advertising, and anti-competitive claims, class actions; significant investigations and regulatory disputes involving state and federal agencies such as the DOJ, SEC, FTC, FDA. He has experience in both state and federal court and has handled and tried cases before judges, juries, arbitrators, and administrative bodies.
Mike began his career in Washington, DC where he practiced law for five years with a top-rated international firm. He joined The Lynch Law Group in 2013 bringing top-of-market work ethic and intellect to mid-market businesses. Mike earned his J.D. from Wake Forest University School of Law in 2008 and his B.A. from West Virginia University in 2005.
Select Representative Engagements
- Represented Pittsburgh-based technology company in breach of contract suit in Federal Court in Ohio against Fortune 500 aluminum manufacturer. Obtained dismissal of individual owner at outset of case, leading to favorable settlement.
- Represented Pittsburgh-based ticket broker in multi-state fraud investigation and associated civil litigation.
- Represented Pittsburgh manufacturer in connection with data security breach involving client’s website. Advised client on multi-state disclosure obligations to consumers and regulators, obtaining no-action decisions from all relevant jurisdictions.
- Represented Pittsburgh-based real estate company in defense of fraud and disclosure violation litigation. Obtained dismissal in trial court, which was upheld by the Superior Court and Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of international insurance carrier in multi-million dollar coverage dispute in Pennsylvania. Decision of trial court upheld by Pennsylvania Superior Court in decision that clarified key legal issues for insurers in Pennsylvania.